Alyssa Milano channeling a majority of the American public at Thursday's hearing.
Talk about the lack of trust shown.
Even Republicans Senators and analysts at FOX News and yes, even the President, said Dr. Ford was extremely credible.
But Dr. Ford also said she was 100% certain that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her.
If she's credible, we must believe her.
Talk about how this process has not only disrespected Kavanaugh's victims but all women and survivors of sexual assault.
When survivors, women and men, speak out, we must listen.
We must respect those who come forward. Not seek to silence them.
This confirmation process has made it clear that we need more women in power. At the local, state, and federal levels. We Democrats have almost achieved parity but not quite. Republicans are a long way off.
- In local government, 3 of the 7-member Alexandria City Council and Mayor nominated by Democrats in 2018 are women. 2 of the 4 Democrats on the 5-member Arlington County Board are women.
- In the Virginia House of Delegates, the class of 2017 brought Democrats to 23 out of 49 members (47%) (plus one more if Shelly Simonds had won her drawing by lot)
- But Republicans have only 5 women among their 51 members (under 10%).
- In the US House of Representatives, 6 of Virginia's 7 Democratic challengers are women.
- On the Senate Judiciary Committee, 4 of the 10 serving Democrats are women, including its Ranking Member, Senator Diane Feinstein.
- In contrast, 0 of the 11 Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee are women. Zero.