This morning, June 12, Northern Virginia – including Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax – begins Phase Two of "Forward Virginia," Governor Northam's plan for reopening. Most of Virginia entered into Phase Two on June 5th. Here are some of the big guidelines to know.
- Restaurants will be allowed to re-open for indoor dining at 50% capacity.
- Retail stores may operate at 50% capacity.
- Farmer’s markets may permit limited on-site shopping.
- Houses of worship can open at 50% capacity.
- Fitness centers can open indoor areas at 30% capacity.
- Pools can expand operations to indoor and outdoor exercise, diving and swim instruction.
- Social gatherings can have a maximum of 50 people, up from 10 people allowed under Phase One.